In 1902, visitors came from many of the surrounding metropolitan areas including New York City and Philadelphia. In the same year the first bathing beach was created and some lots on the north side of the lake were subdivided and sold to summer cottagers. A sailing camp for girls was set up on the northwest side of the lake. A Lutheran retreat,Lutherland, was erected on the southern side of the lake. The Millers and others utilized southern and eastern sides of the lake for swimming, sailing, skating, fishing. In 1921, a boathouse and beach were constructed on the site of today's Lake Naomi Clubhouse. In 1938, a famous Pennsylvania Supreme Court case took place over who owned the water rights to Lake Naomi, as the surrounding lands were soon owned by many different parties.
In 1963, the Logan Steele family purchased 2,600 acres (11 km2) surrounding the lake which eventually was turned into a resort community called the Lake Naomi Club. Logan Steel died in the 1980s and the club is now owned by its members and run by a board of governors. Lake Naomi Club today includes 1400 families who own property surrounding Lake Naomi. Lake Naomi itself is a 277-acre (1.12 km2) lake with private beaches and marinas. The Club has a very active sailing organization, 3 pools including a 50-meter outdoor Olympic-sized pool with a scenic view of the lake, 18 tennis courts, and full service clubhouse.
There is another community center that lies directly across from Timber Trails (a branch off Lake Naomi) that was opened Memorial Day weekend of 2007 for all community members to enjoy.
Across the street is Pinecrest Lake, another resort community.
At some point Naomi Pines was renamed Pocono Pines. The main thoroughfare through the current Village of Pocono Pines is Route 940 on is the intersection of 'Old' 940, Route 940, and Route 423, where one can find one traffic light with one gas station and a few surrounding businesses, including a Southwestern Grill and Bar, and a small delicatessen across the street.
The population was 1,409 at the 2010 census.
Pocono Pines is located at 41°6′54″N 75°27′37″W (41.114976, -75.460408) According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.4 square miles (11 km2), of which, 4.0 square miles (10 km2) of it is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) of it (9.95%) is water.